Those were the heralding words our counselor graciously gave me for our next homework assignment.
1. Cancel personal iPhone account.
2. Access to all email addresses.
3. Delete all social media accounts.
4. No passcode on his work iPhone.
5. No using iPhone in the bathroom. Ever.
6. Must call me back within 5 minutes. (If he didn’t answer)
7. No cash withdrawals. Debit only. (For tracking purposes)
8. Access to any and all emails/texts between him and the other woman. (Retrieve any deleted data)
9. No calling/texting females. (My friends, coworkers and the like)
10. I can ask any and all details of the affair as much and as often as I choose.
11. Must tell me _anytime_ he has to communicate with a female coworker.
12. Weekly counseling.
This list would serve to protect my heart, help to rebuild trust, reduce the amount of triggers (to a certain degree), and walk in the light.
I would have to “trust in the Lord with all my heart, and lean not on my own understanding”. (Proverbs 3:5)
And I also couldn’t help but wonder…
After hearing the disclosure letter this is what I needed in order to take the steps toward healing. No matter how scared I felt about seeing his reaction to it, this had to happen. I’ll let him share with you how it felt to lose all privacy and what it would mean for our future…